top of page

Ayuda para pagar el cuidado de niños


Lista de elegibilidad centralizada

Families who need help paying for child care are encouraged to fill out an online application to be placed on the Centralized Eligibility List (CEL) for subsidized child care.


For detailed information about the CEL and how to apply, click on the questions below to display the information on how to begin the CEL process.


For technical assistance with your CEL application, please contact:

Maria Gutierrez 415.491.5704 or via email at

Qualifying Family Size and Income Level:

  • Family Size of 1 and/or 2, income limit up to: $6,595

  • Family Size of 3, income limit up to:  $7,472

  • Family Size of 4, income limit up to:  $8,712

  • Family Size of 5, income limit up to: $10,106

  • Family Size of 6, income limit up to: $11,500

Se alienta a las familias que necesitan ayuda para pagar el cuidado infantil a completar una solicitud en línea para ser incluidas en la lista de elegibilidad centralizada (CEL) para el cuidado infantil subsidiado.


Para obtener información detallada sobre la CEL y cómo presentar una solicitud, haga clic en las preguntas a continuación para mostrar la información sobre cómo comenzar el proceso de la CEL.


Para obtener asistencia técnica con su solicitud de CEL, comuníquese con:  Maria Gutierrez 415.491.5704 o por correo electrónico a

Descargue el folleto CEL (inglés y español) incluye pautas de ingresos


Tamaño de la familia que califica y nivel de ingresos


Tamaño de la familia de 1 y/o 2, límite de ingresos hasta: $6,008

Tamaño de la familia de 3, límite de ingresos hasta:  $6,842

Tamaño de la familia de 4, límite de ingresos hasta:  $7,941

Tamaño de la familia de 5, límite de ingresos hasta: $9,211

Tamaño de la familia de 6, límite de ingresos hasta: $10,482





*Solicitar el CEL no garantiza los servicios de cuidado infantil subsidiados. La inscripción se basa en la disponibilidad de espacios, la selección por parte del programa de cuidado infantil, la información familiar actual y precisa, y la respuesta oportuna de la familia a la que se le notifica que hay una vacante.*

Puede solicitar el CEL en línea o puede imprimir y completar la solicitud haciendo clic en el enlace anterior y enviarla a la dirección que figura en la solicitud.

Si tiene alguna pregunta sobre la CEL, o necesita actualizar su solicitud, puede comunicarse con el Administrador de la CEL al 415.491.5704

blue-yellow 1.png
  • What is the Centralized Eligibility List (CEL)?
    The CEL is a single, county-wide list of all children from income eligible families who are waiting for subsidized childcare. Agencies offering state-funded subsidized childcare identify families in need from the CEL. The CEL is not a wait list. The CEL is an eligibility list. An eligibility list determines which families should be served first when a space becomes available. The CEL is based on factors determined by the State and includes: income, family size, and other needs. The CEL is not administered on a first-come, first-served basis - the amount of time that a family has been waiting does not determine who will be served first. Unfortunately, there is no guarantee that you will receive assistance through a subsidized child care program. Referrals are only made when funding becomes available or when there is an opening in a subsidized child care program. The wait varies. Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to give you an approximate time. Referrals are only made when funding becomes available or when there is an opening in a subsidized childcare program. Selections start with the lowest rank (one) and continue until the funding runs out or the spaces become filled. There currently is not enough funding to help pay for childcare for every low-income family that needs it.
  • What is subsidized child care and am I eligible to receive a subsidy?
    Subsidized means "paid for" (in part or in whole) or "financially supported." In this case, the California Department of Education contracts with local agencies to help income eligible families pay for childcare, depending on the family's need. To be eligible for the CEL you have to meet income limits based on your family size (see income guidelines). The California Department of Education, Child Development Division, establishes a ranking scale. Second, you must have a need for childcare such as; employment, school or training, an incapacity that makes you unable to care for your child for part of the day, or a referral from Child Protective Services (CPS) that childcare is a necessary component of the child protective services plan. A CEL application needs to be submitted. Once in, your family will be ranked based on your income and family size. This ranking will determine if and how soon you will be contacted for possible funding when funding becomes available or space opens in a subsidized childcare program. You will receive a letter stating you have been placed on the CEL and when a subsidized program has an opening they will start calling families for a preliminary screening, starting with the lowest rank and moving up the list from there. The ranks range from 1-66 and there are many families within each rank. You do not automatically receive subsidized childcare by submitting an application. Countable income includes: wages/salaries, profit from self-employment, child support, spousal support, cash aid (TANF or CalWORKS), Worker's Compensation, Unemployment, Disability Insurance payments, pensions or annuities, veteran's benefits.
  • How do I apply for the CEL?
    Apply for the Centralized Eligibility List (CEL) has never been easier. The system allows low-income families to apply for assistance to pay for all or part of their child care needs. One application will place families on the CEL and the information will be available to participating subsidized child care and education programs in Marin County. Parents do not need to visit or call each program to be added to their eligibility list. What information do I need to provide? If your child currently has an open Child Protective Services (CPS) case, you must provide a letter from the county welfare department or the San Francisco Human Services Agency (HSA) case manager on HSA letterhead. If your child has an At Risk referral, you must have a letter from a legally qualified professional. If your child has exceptional needs, you must provide a copy of the child’s IEP (Individualized Education Plan) or IFSP (Individualized Family Service Plan). Gross (before taxes) monthly income will be verified at time of potential enrollment* *Applying for the CEL does not guarantee subsidized child care services. Enrollment is based on availability of spaces, selection by the child care program, current and accurate family information, and timely response by the family who is notified of an opening.* You can apply for the CEL online or you print and complete the application by clicking on the link above and send it to the address listed on the application. If you have a question about the CEL, or need to update your application, you can contact the CEL Administrator at 415.491.5704
  • Are foster children given priority?
    Yes, through the Emergency Foster Care Bridge Program. Contact your Social Worker for referral.
  • If my information changes should I fill out another application?
    No. It is not necessary to fill out another application, but please call us immediately with any changes such as: family size, income, address, telephone number, etc.. If you fail to update your information when updates are mailed, your family will be dropped from the CEL. You may reach the CEL Administrator at 415.491.5704 to report changes.
  • How can I help ensure more families receive child care funding?​
    Parents is Action (PIA) is a parent led, parent run grassroots program, fighting to make quality childcare affordable and accessible to all families.
  • CEL Participating Programs
    Participating State-Funded Programs State Funded Preschool at Pickleweed Children's Center P.O. Box 151560 San Rafael, CA 94915 415.485.3386 Community Action Marin Administration 555 Northgate Dr., Suite 201 San Rafael, CA 94903 415.526.7500 Fairfax San Anselmo Children's Center 199 Porteous Ave. Fairfax, CA 94930 415.454.1811 Marin Child Care Council Alternative Payment Program 555 Northgate Drive Suite 105 San Rafael, CA 94903 415.472.1092 North Bay Children's Center 932 C Street Novato, CA 94949 415.883.6222 North Marin Community Center 680 Wilson Ave. Novato, CA 94947 415.892.1643

Ayuda para pagar el cuidado de niños

Pagar por el cuidado de los niños puede ser difícil. ¿Necesita ayuda para pagar el cuidado de niños? Si es así, está buscando cuidado infantil "subsidiado". Hay una variedad de programas de cuidado infantil en el condado de Marin para ayudar a los padres de bajos ingresos. Es importante que comience temprano a encontrar un programa subsidiado para su hijo porque hay más familias que necesitan ayuda que dinero para pagarla. 
Marin Child Care Council ofrece diferentes programas de cuidado infantil subsidiados para ayudar a pagar, total o parcialmente, el costo del cuidado infantil. Para poder beneficiarse de estos programas, los padres deben cumplir unos requisitos específicos en función de cada programa.​

Etapas 1 y 2 de CalWorks

  • ¿Recibe actualmente una subvención en efectivo de CalWORKs o ha recibido la subvención en los últimos 24 meses?

  • ¿Tanto usted como cualquier otro adulto que vive en el hogar están trabajando, buscando empleo o inscritos en un programa de capacitación vocacional?

  • ¿Los ingresos mensuales de su familia se encuentran dentro de estos montos?

      Si su respuesta es SÍ, puede ser elegible para el servicio de cuidado infantil.

Tamaño de la familia   1-2          3           4             5              6

   Hasta                             $6,008   $6,842   $7,941    $9,211    $10,482

   Para averiguar si es elegible para CalWORKs, llame al 1-877-410-8817


Una vez que las familias de CalWORKs ya no reciben asistencia monetaria para sí mismas, son transferidas a un programa CalWORKs de Etapa 2. Los padres permanecen en la Etapa 2 hasta 24 meses después de haber recibido la última asistencia monetaria. En ese momento, se transfieren a un programa de Etapa 3. Este es un proceso cerrado y solo los padres en CalWORKs son elegibles para cualquiera de estos programas.


Estos programas sirven a los padres que reciben asistencia monetaria (TANF). Los padres que han trabajado para salir de la ayuda monetaria pero que todavía tienen bajos ingresos también son elegibles. Son financiados por el gobierno estatal y federal. Los nuevos beneficiarios de CalWORKs Cash Aid pasan por una orientación de CalWORKs. Durante los primeros meses después de asistir a esta orientación, el cuidado infantil (elegido por los padres) es pagado por un programa CalWORKs de Etapa 1.

Programas que no son de CalWORKs

Si su respuesta es NO a cualquiera de las preguntas anteriores, puede ser elegible para los servicios completando una solicitud en la Lista de elegibilidad centralizada (CEL), que es su primer paso para ser elegible para otros programas de cuidado infantil subsidiado.


Programa de pago alternativo

Junto con la vivienda, el cuidado de los niños suele ser el mayor gasto mensual de las familias. Marin Child Care Council ofrece una variedad de programas de asistencia financiera para el cuidado de niños para familias que califican según los ingresos o las necesidades familiares.

Las familias admitidas en Programas de Pago Alternativo financiados por el Departamento de Educación de California deben cumplir con los requisitos de ingresos y tener necesidad de cuidado infantil.


La necesidad se define como:

  • Empleo que excluye la supervisión de los niños.

  • Buscando empleo, hasta 60 días hábiles por año fiscal, por padre, por 29 horas o menos por semana.

  • Capacitación vocacional que conduce a un oficio reconocido, paraprofesional o profesión con un máximo de 6 años de servicio o 24 unidades más allá de una licenciatura.

  • Personas sin hogar y en busca de vivienda

  • Incapacitado verificado por un profesional legalmente calificado. Puede recibir un máximo de 50 horas por semana.

  • CWS y/o Child At-Risk verificado por un profesional legalmente calificado.


Para ser elegible, el ingreso mensual bruto de la familia no puede exceder el 85% del ingreso medio estatal.

Alentamos a todas las familias a que hablen con un consejero que pueda comprender sus circunstancias y ayudar a determinar qué programas se adaptan mejor a las necesidades de su familia.

Puede comunicarse con nuestros expertos en cuidado infantil en persona, por teléfono o por correo electrónico. Los consejeros están disponibles de lunes a viernes, las horas dependen de su horario de trabajo.
bottom of page